Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Miracles in Modern Seership and Duck Vanish (Dr. Q Ad part 4)

Share

First we have one of those iconic images of Claude Alexander Conlin, also known simply as "Alexander"..... before I even opened these boxes, I loved vintage magic posters, and his creepy and mystical face has always been one of my favorites. It is funny to me that magicians back then were always inventing new personas for themselves- in my research of these ads I learned that Alexander created the Dr. Q character to announce newly invented tricks.

So what about the Original Duck Vanish!? There is that sad scene in The Prestige where the magician makes the bird vanish, only to discover it was simply crushed to death by the cage.

I found this video of Magician Michael Barron performing a similar trick, but could not find any exact description on making the ducks vanish. I hope Alexander figured out how to do it without killing the ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment