Friday, June 11, 2010

A Letter From Alexander

Share
This was a great thing to unfold- the colors on the logo are still so vivid! I wouldn't even suspect it was that old if it wasn't for the second page being so frail. This looks like a follow-up letter to the advertisement we viewed earlier this week.... and I really have to wonder if Alexander (or the company) was really employing people to type these, or did they mass-produce them to look that way? Also, I am going to have to do some digging for the "enclosed circular on Crystal Gazing,"- it sounds intriguing!
I have looked at this so closely, and I cannot figure out if the signature on the second page is printed or actually signed. Everything has just settled so much with age. I'm afraid to try any CSI ridiculousness, but if anyone would like to comment on if this was his actual signature, that would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am now a follower of your blog. Interesting stuff here. Considering the history of magic and bunco collide I thought you might enjoy my blog on confidence man Soapy Smith at Soapy smith's Soap Box.

    ReplyDelete